Last modified: 10/05/2020
As noted in the Terms of Service, we do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 (or if you are in the EU, we do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 16). If you are under 13 (or under 16 in the EU), please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any Personal Information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 (or under age 16 in the EU), we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 13 (or under 16 in the EU) may have provided us Personal Information, please contact us.
What Information Do We Collect?
The information we gather enables us to personalize, improve and continue to operate the Services. In connection with certain aspects of the Services, we may request, collect and/or display some of your Personal Information. We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us. We collect the following types of information from our users.
When you create an Account, you will provide information that could be Personal Information, such as your username, password and email address. You acknowledge that this information may be personal to you, and by creating an account on the Services and providing Personal Information to us, you allow others, including us, to identify you and therefore may not be anonymous. We may use your contact information to send you information about our Services, but only rarely when we feel such information is important. You may unsubscribe from these messages through your Account settings, although we, regardless, reserve the right to contact you when we believe it is necessary, such as for account recovery purposes.
Some of our Services may include features based on users’ actual locations and may report on users’ current locations (“Location-Based Services”). To the extent you use any Location-Based Services, we may collect and store information about your location at the time you use those Location-Based Services (in addition to some automatically collected geolocation data as noted below). This information can come from a variety of sources depending on the device you use to access the Services; for example, a mobile phone may report its GPS location at the time Location-Based Services are used.
IP Address Information and Other Information Collected Automatically:
- We automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your web browser or device when you interact with the Services, including your IP address, geolocation data, device identification, cookie information, the type of browser and/or device you’re using to access our Services, and the page or feature you requested. This information is used for fighting spam/malware and also to facilitate collection of data concerning your interaction with the Services (e.g., what links you have clicked on).
Generally, the Services automatically collect usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to the Site. We may use this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us and third parties authorized by us to figure out how often individuals use parts of the Services so that we can analyze and improve them.
We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. We use this confirmation to improve our customer service.
Information Collected Using Cookies:
- Most browsers have an option for turning off the cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allowing you to decide on acceptance of each new cookie in a variety of ways. You may be able to change the preferences on your browser or device to prevent or limit your device’s acceptance of cookies, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of some of our features. We strongly recommend that you leave cookies active, because they enable you to take advantage of the most attractive features of the Services.
- Our advertising partners may also transmit cookies to your browser or device, when you visit the Site or click on ads that appear on the Services. If you click on a link to a third party website or service, a third party may also transmit cookies to you.
- For more information on cookies, including how to control your cookie settings and preferences, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- We use the following cookies:
Essential cookies are required for providing you features or services that you have requested. For example, certain cookies enable you to log into secure areas of our Site or use a shopping cart feature within our Services. Disabling these cookies may make certain features and services unavailable.
Functional cookies are used to record your choices and settings regarding our Services, maintain your preferences over time, and recognize you when you return to our Services. These cookies help us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Performance/analytical cookies allow us to understand how visitors use our Site and Services such as by collecting information about the number of visitors to the Site, what pages visitors view on our Site, and how long visitors are viewing pages on the Site. Performance/analytical cookies also help us measure the performance of our advertising campaigns in order to help us improve our campaigns and the Services’ content for those who engage with our advertising.
Retargeting/advertising cookies collect data about your online activity and identify your interests so that we can provide advertising that we believe is relevant to you.
Do Not Track Policy:
Information Related to Advertising and the Use of Web Beacons:
To support and enhance the Services, we may serve advertisements, and also allow third parties advertisements, through the Services. These advertisements are sometimes targeted and served to particular users and may come from third party companies called “ad networks.” Ad networks include third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms.
Advertisements served through the Services may be targeted to users who fit a certain general profile category and may be based on anonymized information inferred from information provided to us by a user, including Personal Information (e.g., gender or age), may be based on the Services usage patterns of particular users, or may be based on your activity on Third Party Services. We do not provide Personal Information to any ad networks for use outside of the Services.
To increase the effectiveness of ad delivery, we may deliver a file (known as a “web beacon”) from an ad network to you through the Services. Web beacons allow ad networks to provide anonymized, aggregated auditing, research and reporting for us and for advertisers. Web beacons also enable ad networks to serve targeted advertisements to you when you visit other websites. Because your web browser must request these advertisements and web beacons from the ad network’s servers, these companies can view, edit or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site. You may be able to opt-out of web beacon tracking conducted by third parties through our Services by adjusting the Do Not Track settings on your browser; please note that we don’t control whether or how these third parties comply with Do Not Track requests.
We collect statistical information about how both unregistered and registered users, collectively, use the Services (“Aggregate Information”). Some of this information is derived from Personal Information. This statistical information is not Personal Information and cannot be tied back to you, your Account or your web browser.
Information Regarding Your Social Networks:
Occasionally, you can use your Account on our Services to interact with your accounts on other services, such as Facebook or Twitter. In addition to using your third party account credentials to sign in to the Services, you can access posting and sharing tools on the Services, including a “share” button that allows you to post information to your social networks outside of the Services (“Share”).
How, and With Whom, Is My Information Shared?
What Choices Do I Have Regarding My Information?
- You can use many of the features of the Services without registering, thereby limiting the type of information that we collect.
- You can always opt not to disclose certain information to us, even though it may be needed to take advantage of some of our features.
- You can delete your Account. Please note that we will need to verify that you have the authority to delete the Account, and activity generated prior to deletion will remain stored by us and may be publicly accessible.
What If I Have Questions or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Services, please send us a detailed message. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.